Search for collections on Wintec Research Archive

Identifying customer satisfaction at New Lives Animal Rescue Opshop


[thumbnail of Proceedings of the Applied Management Conference] PDF (Proceedings of the Applied Management Conference)
AMCVol1 Final.pdf - Published Version
Available under License Creative Commons Attribution Non-commercial Share Alike.

Download (425kB)


New lives animal rescue is a registered charity which is rescuing and rehoming almost all kinds of animals. They collect donated goods from people and sell those items at second hand price through the Opshop. All money obtained by the Opshop goes to the shelter home. They have two Opshops, located at Hamilton and Cambridge. The research work was held at New Lives Animal Rescue Opshop, Grey Street, Hamilton. The research topic was to identify customer satisfaction at the Opshop, as well as, how to maintain customer satisfaction in the future. Competitors for this Opshop include the Salvation Army and New Zealand Red Cross.
The quantitative method research methodology was used is choosing the survey method to identify customer satisfaction. The customer survey was held at the Opshop. Thirty customers participated in this survey. Every customer was given 10 minutes to complete the survey. The limitations of the research work were time and money.
There were 23% male and 77% female customers participating in the customer survey. Almost 50% of the customers were more than 50 years old. Almost 80% of customers were satisfied with this Opshop. The customers have natural views about the quality of products. Regarding customer loyalty, almost 40% claimed that this was their first purchase. The other 60% people are very loyal to the shop. I found that most of the customers were very likely to recommend this shop to their friends and family members. Almost 77% of customers were fully satisfied with the store location. The customers however were not very satisfied with the price of the products available in the Opshop. The research has concluded with recommendations to be made for further customer satisfaction at New Lives Animal Rescue Opshop.

Item Type: Paper presented at a conference, workshop or other event, and published in the proceedings
Uncontrolled Keywords: Proceedings of the Applied Management Conference, opshop, business, not for profit, Salvation Army, Red Cross
Subjects: H Social Sciences > HF Commerce
Divisions: Schools > Centre for Business, Information Technology and Enterprise > School of Business and Adminstration
Depositing User: Adrian France
Date Deposited: 18 Oct 2018 19:46
Last Modified: 21 Jul 2023 07:34

Actions (login required)

View Item
View Item